A maritime incident command and control refresher course, which has been officially recognised by the Institution of Fire Engineers, and carries 6.5 IFE approved hours of continuing professional development.
Following a lot of interest and industry demand QFSM Ltd have now developed the 1-day refresher course for The Command and Control of Maritime Fire Emergencies. This course will update delegates skills and knowledge required to supplement their Incident Commander skills and/or Marine Tactical Advisor skills to be applied at a Maritime Fire Emergency. The elements within this course meet the Skills for Justice, the National Operational Standards performance criteria and the National Operational Guidance training requirements for Fires on Board Vessels.
Our team of experienced maritime experts provide a stimulating and interactive learning experience.
To refresh the learners understanding of the complexities when operating in a maritime incident environment, and test their command skills necessary to resolve an operational incident on board a vessel.
- Situational Awareness –Refresh your situational Risk Assessment skills and continually review both Dynamic and Analytical Risk Assessments at a maritime fire emergency.
- Effective communication – Demonstrate effective liaison with the Ships company, Harbour authorities and other applicable agencies to provide a coordinated response.
- Resources –Anticipate the range of resources, specialist equipment, advice and emergency response plans required to aid Incident Commanders and Tactical Advisors at a maritime fire emergency.
- Cordon Control – Apply cordons, sectors and even exclusion zones to safely control operations and personnel involved in the incident at a maritime fire emergency both on board or in a busy port environment.
- Table Top Exercise – Apply the skills, knowledge and experience of incident command in a Maritime related scenario.
Whilst courses are regularly delivered at our own training location near Maidstone in Kent, our Unique Selling Point is the course can also be delivered in your workplace across the UK. This maximises the opportunity to learn and develop consistent knowledge and standards, as well as helping you save time and money by reducing the time staff need to spend away from their duties and families.
Couse size is a maximum of 12 delegates.
Upcoming Course Dates:
Wednesday 8th March 2023 – 1 day Refresher – Kings Hill